OKC Thunder falls to the San Antonio Spurs 154-147 in a 2OT Thriller despite historic nights for both teams.
There is no way they would have ever expected this game to feature:
- Russell Westbrook’s career high in assists
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s career high in points
- Derrick White’s career high in points
- Jerami Grant‘s career high in points, along with what had to be some kind of record for charges taken in a game.
- Spurs making an NBA record 14 straight 3-pointers to open the game.
- Terrance Ferguson turning into Reggie Miller shooting the ball.
- Steven Adams getting injured.
The Thunder trailed by as much as 16 in the game, headlined by the Spurs scorching performance
More from Thunder News
- Stealing one player from every Southwest Division team for the OKC Thunder
- Should the OKC Thunder chase after a disgruntled hometown hero?
- 3 OKC Thunder players who can step up in Aleksej Pokusevski’s absence
- Aleksej Pokusevski sidelined approximately 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Damian Lillard does not fit with the OKC Thunder
from the 3-point line. Even still they were able to keep up, close the deficit, tie the game, even take the lead a few times.
Russell Westbrook had one of the most impressive Triple doubles of his career posting 24 points (11-22), 13 rebounds, 24 assists, two steals, and just three turnovers. George followed it up with 30 of his own. 19 and 7 for Steven Adams who came back in the game after being injured. 21 from Ferguson including 7-10 from the 3-point line.
All that was in vein as the Spurs walk away victory, but much so in a game that goes to 2OT there is a lot to discuss.
Click the link below to listen to our recap of the game!
While we didn’t win, there were a lot of encouraging signs, and revenge could be served soon as we play the Spurs again on Saturday!
Until then… Thunder Up!