The OKC Thunder season is right around the corner! No, seriously, you have almost made it through the doldrums of the offseason, and we are nearly back to the chaotic 24/7 nature of the NBA season. It is the best drama on television, and I have never been more excited to lose countless hours of sleep before in my life.
This is the most anticipated OKC Thunder season since the Summer Sam Presti traded for Paul George and Carmelo Anthony to pair with Russell Westbrook. We will bring you content from this season all year long, so make sure you bookmark Thunderous Intentions for round-the-clock coverage of the Thunder.
The first step toward the regular season was the release of the 82-game schedule we saw in August, and now we have the key dates of the events leading into the opener in Chicago.
The OKC Thunder announce October 2nd Media Day and other key dates ahead of the 2023-24 NBA season.
For the NBA world, Media Day marks the return of the sport we love. Each year, multiple moments from around the association lead to viral clips. Kawhi’s laugh, Carmelo Anthony’s “Who me?”, Jimmy Butler sporting dreads to ensure his promo material would feature his great gag, to the yearly muscle watch portion of media day as players look to be in the best shape of their life.
Key Preseason dates for the OKC Thunder:
- October 2nd, Media Day
- October 3rd, Training Camp begins
- October 8th, Fanfest
- October 9th, Preseason opener vs. the San Antonio Spurs
- October 12th, vs. Detroit Pistons, In Montreal, Canada
- October 15th, @ Charlotte Hornets
- October 17th, vs Milwaukee Bucks
- October 19th, vs. Detroit Pistons, BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- October 21st, Roster’s finalized for opening night
- October 25th, OKC Thunder Season opener in Chicago
- October 29th, vs. Denver Nuggets, Regular season home opener
Before October 2nd’s media day, the OKC Thunder will make Sam Presti available to the media to tip things off on the 2023-24 season. That date is likely coming next week. What are some questions you hope are answered at this year’s Media Day session?